Saturday 29 October 2016

Cat Lovers Hop: Day 6

Hello!

 First of all, let me warmly welcome Fiki who has kindly become a new follower. It's lovely to have you here!


It's the final day, Day 6, of the Cat Lover's Blog Hop at Janis's blog, Her Peaceful Garden

It has been a wonderful event! I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting everyone's blogs, seeing their kitty projects and I have learned such a lot! 

Thank you Janis for organising this! 
It must have been a mammoth task, but I do hope you'll do it all over again next year!

Janis has many fabulous sponsors for the hop, and a daily digi to play for. 
 I hope you'll come on over and take a look and maybe even play along!  

 

Happy National Cat Day to all in the USA!



Here is my project. I made a simple easel card.
The image was one I coloured a while back and entered into an ATC challenge (that post is here). It wasn't a swap, so I decided to make a card with it. 



The image is from Aurora Wings and is called 'Cat in Flowers'. It is part of the Animal Whimsy Collection. It was coloured with Spectrum Noir pens. It was mounted onto black card and then onto yellow card, then attached to the black background paper. 
The flowers were made with white card and a Heartfelt Creations die set called Majestic Blooms. The die cut card was colour washed with ink and water, then the petals were shaped. Once dry, the petals were assembled and a pearl centre placed in each. They were added at the side of the image along with some die cut, inked foliage. 
A ribbon was tied around the bottom of the card. 



The Happy Birthday sentiment was die cut 3 times from white, black and yellow card. The die-cuts were glued together, but slightly offset to give a shadow effect. This was then glued on to a Spellbinders Label Twenty which is attached to the card on foam pads, so that it acts as the stopper for the easel.



Thanks for stopping by today! 
xoxo

I'm entering this at:

Cat Lovers Blog Hop Day 6

As well, I'd like to play along in these 3 challenges:

Aurora Wings Challenge #38 AG 5/11
Brown SugarChallenge #222 Birthday 3/11
Crafty Catz #344 AG with twist of using Die Cut/Punch 3/11



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.